1940s Nawakadal Srinagar Kashmir.
Early 20th century View from Amira Kadal, Kashmir. Photograph of Shergarhi Place Complex taken by T.H.McAllister in 1893. Shergarhi Complex was built by Afgan Governor Amir Khan Jawan Sher in 1770AD on whose name it is still known even though during Dogra Reign it was repaired extensively after devastating Earth Quake of 1885 & named Nursing Garh. After 1895 during Reign of H.H.Partap Singh the buildings in front of main complex were removed & converted into Raj Garh Lawns & a wall built upto Hanuman Mandir right from Amar Singh Palace ( Present day Governory ).